Re: What is the minimum number of lines to update a gui window without user clicking a button

On 08/20/2013 09:33 AM, Markus Elfring wrote:

The only difference is Alan's submission uses the label widget and the one you're quoting above uses textview. I could be wrong and you might see something else subtle that I'm missing.

Do you understand the involved consequences from the software technique "multi-threading"?

Regards,
Markus
I have some idea. This is why I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the application.

I'm just curious if you understand that so far, Alan's code is the only one that actually works at this time. Will you look at it and tell me what needs to happen so that it will not pose a problem? Currently it doesn't.

I like the fact that Andrew's example has the "gui_print()" function. However, when I run it, currently it doesn't work. It locks up. I described the circumstances. Both Alan's and Andrews compiles quickly and easily and can be easily tested. If I develop a glitch, I'll study it and try to figure out how to fix it. But at present, I'm just stuck with using what actually works at this time.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames apollo3 com