Re: GTK+ on Mac OS X status

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:53:21 -0500
Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:

> I have no doubt that any App Store for OS X will become hugely
> important. But that doesn't mean it will be only way people install
> apps. Apple took some very smart steps to make installation extremely
> easy because of their "bundle" implementation, so there is really no
> equivalent required to the kind of install wizard that dominated
> windows for so long. You just fetch a DMG (or even  a .bz2) in the
> browser, it unpacks in the browser, the user puts it somewhere. Done.

Thank you for it...I'm really ignorant how does installing apps work on
Mac OS X.

> WxWidgets has some distinct advantages, and some very distinct
> disadvantages. Which ones are more important depends a lot on the
> needs of the application.

Would you mind to explore some of them for the benefit of user(s)
needing to decide about the right toolkit?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who has given up all desires for sense gratification,
who lives free from desires, who has given up all sense of

Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose,
and their aim is one. O beloved child of the Kurus,
the intelligence of those who are irresolute is many-branched.