Re: GTK+ on Mac OS X status

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 02:14:47 +0700
Lothar Scholz <llothar web de> wrote:

Hiya Lothar,

> Is it really? I'm watching it for 5 years now at it is always in
> terrible broken state. Definitely a no for me.

Well, I'm optimistic (by nature)... :-)

> Forget it. Neither you nor any customer of you will get happy with
> GTK+ on MacOSX.

Huh, yor message bears different color than Paul's.

> The only ways are
> 1) WxWidgets

wxD is not very developed.

> 2) Maintain two GUI's. Write a small abstraction layer for your
> required widget functionality and then put the window creation stuff
> (which is the most toolkit specific) into a different module for each
> platform. Thats how i did it, but yes it's very expensive. 6 men
> months for us.

Too expensive for me.

> 3) Just develop for one platform and do this with 100% quality.

Well, 'boss' wants Win & Mac support.

> 4) Dont' care about native Apps and play the GUI Nazi.

How good is GTK+ in this scenario?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The embodied soul may be restricted from sense enjoyment,
though the taste for sense objects remains. But, ceasing