Re: Fwd: Malayalam & SF_PROCESS_ZWJ

On 6/20/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 23:02 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:

> To begin with the efforts, we (the Bengali team) have been using a
> very rudimentary test case of our own
> (http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali/FreeBangTemplate/juktolist.txt)
> for testing the fonts that we have developed. It is based on a list of
> possible conjuncts (taken from a spelling dictionary commonly used for
> our language) and also based on the experience we have gathered while
> working on Bengali and FLOSS for the past five years. If such a list
> can be compiled for the other scripts as well, we may have the
> beginning of a Indic test suite that has been discussed in various
> forums/workshops/conferences/mailing lists for the past four years (at
> least)

I'm working on such a test suite.  That's the only way to put an end to
the current practice of fix-one-bug-introduce-three.

there is some test data for Devanagari (Hindi) here
http://indlinux.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/indlinux/trunk/tdata/hi/
conjuncts-hi.txt  is a practical list of conjuncts (those that are
actually used!)
mahabharat.txt - a sample text (covers almost all chars in devanagari
unicode range - a longish version of 'quick brown fox...')

there are some more test cases for per character combinations &
variants, but not yet checked in the svn there.

Regards,
Karunakar