Re: Pango & printing?

The problem with all font conversions that take place before the
rasterization is that it either looses all hinting, or the hinting
gets converted with various level of success. Assuming that the
authors of the true-type font did proper hinting down to the last
pixel, you will not get that kind of rasterization if you first
convert the font to either Type1 or Type3. But on the other hand,
I  don't think there exist any postscript printers that work at
below 300 DPI. For lower resolution printers ghostscript is usually
used, which supports Type42 fonts. The only problem seems to be
epsf files where you don't know which RIP will be used. But for
them you can probably get away with type3 files.

Regards,
Dov