Re: Pango & printing?

I was just thinking... Of course it is crazy, but still perhaps someone
did it. Does there exist a version of a TrueType renderer written in
PostScript? I.e. if the underlying PostScript RIP did not support
Type42 fonts, then the fonts would be converted to bitmapped Type3
fonts by interpreting the Type42 font in the printer itself.

This would solve the problem of always being able to include TrueType
fonts. Of course it may be too computationally expensive for old PostScript
engines.

Regards,
Dov

--