Re: Pango & printing?

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 07:05, Chema Celorio wrote:
> We need it in gnome-print, QT has it, somebody is writing it for mozilla
> already, Open Office needs it if they don't have it

I think that the Open Office guys already have something like that, but
not so elaborated as the Qt code.

In AbiWord I took the ttfps code to convert tt fonts, but something able
to do subsetting will be much appreciated (and, as a bonus point, to
convert to type 1 fonts instead of type 42).

>, etc. Maybe freetype
> is the rigth place for this?

I don't think that freetype will hold font conversion code, but we can
always ask

> We absolutely need to share this code.

Last time I checked it didn't looked too hard to extract the QtPrint
code from Qt, so IMO we should use it as starting point if they agree to
put it under the LGPL.

It may be a little standalone library, as I guess that anyway everybody
is going to copy&paste it in their project.

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
cuenca pacaterie u-psud fr