Re: Pango & printing?

Around 20 o'clock on Jul 4, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Joaqu=EDn?= Cuenca Abela wrote:

> There are code in the wild to do tt -> type1 conversions, and tt -> type3,
> so anyway you don't need to use Type42 if compatibility with old ps
> printers is an issue.

I thought the question was whether we could always use TrueType fonts and
bundle a TrueType rasterizer written in PS.  Sending native Type42 fonts
is always better if the interpreter can handle them.

I'm not sure this is reasonable though; any Type42 interpreter written in
postscript would be pretty slow.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab