Re: Pango & printing?

On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 07:06, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> I was just thinking... Of course it is crazy, but still perhaps someone
> did it. Does there exist a version of a TrueType renderer written in
> PostScript? I.e. if the underlying PostScript RIP did not support
> Type42 fonts, then the fonts would be converted to bitmapped Type3
> fonts by interpreting the Type42 font in the printer itself.
>
> This would solve the problem of always being able to include TrueType
> fonts.

If that's the only problem to solve, why not just convert the truetype
fonts to something else that the printer can understand?  There are code
in the wild to do tt -> type1 conversions, and tt -> type3, so anyway
you don't need to use Type42 if compatibility with old ps printers is an
issue.

Cheers,

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela