Re: Pure GTK vs Gnome

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 11:10, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 23:42, Iago Rubio wrote:
Hi John,

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 22:46, John K Luebs wrote:
[snip]
Depends on libglade, that dependes on libgnome and libgnomeui
that
depends on libgnomevfs-2, that depends on libORBit, libbonobo
and
libbonobo-activation, and so on ....

So libgnomecanvas requires almost the whole gnome.

No, that's wrong.

libglade does not have a hard dependency on libgnome or
libgnomeui, and
libgnomecanvas certainly does not require a GNOME capable
libglade.

Dependency issues are a little more complex than just reading the
output
of ldd.

Sure, but tell that to a clueless user dealig with his package
manager,
that states abut the existence of those dependencies.

Exactly what distro are you talking about? I don't know of any distro
that thinks that libgnomecanvas depends on libgnome.

Yes you're right, I'm sorry.

I run a self-made python script that calls rpm, walking throught
dependencies and It seems I found a bug.

It walked from libgnomecanvas to libglade that depends on Gnome, but
libgnomecanvas depends on libglade2 that have not those dependecie
issues.

So, my fault. I'm very, very sorry.

Excuse me all in the list for this mistake, I hope nobody get confused
with this.
--
Iago Rubio                http://www.iagorubio.com
GPGkey pgp.rediris.es id 0x909BD4DD  fingerprint =