Re: Gnumeric vs. OOCalc

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 02:38, Parrenin Frédéric wrote:
Just above that schematic is the text "Header:" followed by a pop-up
menu. The bottom item on that menu should be `customize header'.

OK, sorry, I did not see it.

But let me please still complain that in term of human interface, it is
not optimal. Mixing pre-defined headers/footers with a "customise
headers/footers" action in the same pop-up menu is really confusing.
When looking, e.g. at XL2k, it has a pop-up menu with pre-defined
things, but there is a different button with the label "customise
headers/footers".

May I file a bug report ?

Of course you may file a bug report.

But I don't agree with you. If I want to select a header I will normally
open the pop-up to see whether the header I want is available. (Note
that that menu (at least in 1.3.x) does not only list pre-defined
headers but also customized ones.) Only if the list does not contain the
header I want I choose `customize header' in which case I am already in
that menu. I would consider a separate button a very strange set-up:
let's check for that header:
        open the menu,
        checking through the whole list,
        oh it's not there,
        what should I do,
        ah close the menu,
        look for the customize button (which I hope I saw previously...)

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Taliesin Software, Shelties, Pyrsheps