Re: Gnumeric vs. OOCalc

As it has been said, it depends what your needs are.

If you need to manipulate numbers, gnumeric is better: more functions,
more accurate, significantly better performances, more compatible with
Excel. (Only pivot tables and conditional formatting are missing with
respect to calc as Jody said).

If you need to show these numbers, Calc is still better because it has
more features:
- The charting engine is not finished in gnumeric
- Drawing objects support is also very rough (lines, rectangles, labels,
...)
- wmf images inserted in xls files are not imported
- lack of Rich text formatting inside cells
- lack of support for cells styles
- lack of "follow modifications"
- lack of spell checking
- lack of "split panes"
- lack of text orientation
- rough support of headers and footers for printing

In the long run, it seems to me that gnumeric will be better because it
has more solid fondations (and because its developpers really rock :-)
). But it also depend on the work that will be done on both projects and
it is hard to evaluate...

Regards.

                Frédéric