Re: Gnumeric vs. OOCalc

I don't use Calc or XL, so I can't compare, but I thought "split panes"
is what Gnumeric calls "frozen panes".

In fact, it is not. "Split panes" is more powerful than frozen panes.
For example, you can scroll in both panes.

- lack of text orientation
- rough support of headers and footers for printing

"rough"? What are you looking for that you can't do in Gnumeric?

Look at what is in Calc to have an idea of what could be done (I am not
sure it is perfect though).
In gnumeric, you only have several pre-defined headers and footers. You
cannot customize them as in Calc. As an example, try to write in the
header: "this is spreasheet written by gnumeric" :-)
Also you cannot define borders and backgrounds.

        Frederic

Andreas
--
Frédéric Parrenin