Re: Gnumeric vs. OOCalc

So is it equivalent to the multiple views you can have of the same
spreadsheet in Gnumeric (Except that in Gnumeric they are in different
windows.)?

No, it is not equivalent either.
In my scientific domain, we often use spreadsheets to manipulate large
series of data written in columns, and "split panes" is very convenient
to perform operations on such data ranges. If I want to convince them to
use gnumeric instead of XL, "split panes" is really a must have.

Pardon? Of course you can. Just select "customize header" from the
header popup menu and type it into any of the 3 fields to appear at the
left, in the middle or at the right. Of course there could be a nicer
interface to including such things as page numbers rather than typing in
cryptic codes.)

Thank you, I am just learning that !
However, I don't see where you select "customize header", neither do I
see the "header popup menu".
What I have done is going to file->"printing configuration", "headers
and footers" tab, and then double clicking on the schematic header
(respectively "footer"). It is the first time I see we can double click
there to see this windows appearing. So let me complain that this
feature is a little bit hidden.
But perhaps am I missing something ?
I use 1.2.10.

And also, you cannot rich format your headers/footers (not so important
I agree).

By the way, I never use headers and footers :-)

Well yes. (And personally I am happy about that!)

OK, please let me clear that this is not my main complain about
gnumeric. But I am sure some people use that feature on XL and will miss
it if they use gnumeric.

And be sure I am a gnumeric fan (or I would not appear on this list).
Gnumeric is incredibly rock solid and well thought. I am just too
impatient to see it getting those last important features.

Regards.

                Frederic

Andreas
--