Re: Gnumeric for Windows - Article on Office 2003 vs. OpenOffice.Org

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:59:00AM -0400, Russell McOrmond wrote:
As I was reading http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1570801,00.asp I
became very curious how these power spreadsheet evaluators would have
compared GNUMeric to Excel rather than their comparison to OOo's Calc.
 Unfortunately I suspect one of the largest reasons this didn't come up
is the Windows port not being well known.  To be honest, I don't know if
it is released yet or where to find it if I did want to show it to people.

  How is that aspect of the project coming?  Will there be a GNUMeric
for Windows available that can be included on CDs like TheOpenCD.org and
others?  I think this is one of those major missing applications for
people wanting to get off of Microsoft Office but stick to Microsoft
Windows (for now...).

BTW: if people from this list send feedback to the author of that
article, maybe an article on GNUMeric can be done...

The development version of gnumeric should be able to build under
win32.  When gtk-2.4.1 is released any day now (it was supposed to
come out a few weeks ago) we'll use the dropline packages to test
things.

This has taken longer than I'd hoped, but the vast majority of the
work is done.  I'll notify you shortly when things are ready.