Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] pc to phone with Ekiga

Hi Damu,

Am Donnerstag, den 16.03.2006, 15:54 -0800 schrieb damu:
> Thanks for your help,
>
> When I tried to install Ekiga with synaptic , I got :
>
> "Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade.
> Package ekiga has no available version, but exists in the database.
> This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
> never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents of
> sources.list"

Using which line in sources.list? I'm very sure that both ekiga and
gnomemeeting exist in the Ubuntu archives in the meantime. Thus, even
upgrading to new version of gnomemeeting (while keeping
gnome-desktop-environment) should go just smoothly.

> As for emoving manually libs, and installing ekiga , I just downloaded the
> last version "ekiga_2.0.1-1.breezy.1457_i386.deb" form the link you gave,
> but I don't really know how to go further.
> I mean on Ekiga's webiste there are 10 other packages proposed for Ubuntu
> breezy. Do they need to be installed first? In which order?

They are one set. You'll need to put all of libpt,
libpt-plugins-$YOURHARDWARE, libopal and ekiga in one go. In case you
still have gnomemeeting and gnome installed, you'll also need to add the
new gnomemeeting to that list.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian