Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Latest GM 0.99.0

Hi Damien,

This is weird, but this is how I got 01.03 and 01.04 CVS to work with
OSS and corrected the problem with opening /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer.

I removed all the gconf entries for gnomemeeting including moving the
gnomemeeting directory in my login from .gconf.

I re-installed 01.04 CVS. It ran the configuration druid, but I had
the same problem.

I then copied the gnomemeeting directory that I had moved from .gconf
back, same problem.

I killed gnomemeeting and deleted the gnomemeeting directory from .gconf.
I restarted gnomemeeting and while it was running, I copied my original
version of the gnomemeeting directory back into .gconf again. I then
closed gnomemeeting and restarted it and of all things, the problem in
opening /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer was cured.

I get sound from the sound event test and I can re-run the configuration
druid over and over and it always opens the OSS devices and runs the
tests fine and the sound events play just fine too.

Please note that it wasn't enough to just remove all the gconf entries
for gnomemeeting.

I hope I have conveyed well enough the steps I took. Thanks again Damien.

George