Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Damien - GM 0.98.0 and Quicknet/Microtelco

Hi George,

Le sam 03/01/2004 à 08:07, George a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> I have definitively found out what the problem with microtelco was.

Cool !!

> After having problems again today, I noticed that when I wasn't in
> a call that sometimes the video was smooth (approximately 10fps) and
> sometimes it wasn't (it appeared to be running about 5fps). When the
> Video was smooth, microtelco worked fine.
>
> To make a long story short, the problem was corrected when I stopped
> my seti home client. I have been running seti home for about 5 years,
> and I was running it before I had the microtelco problem so I don't
> know why it is causing problems now. But it is 100% reproducible.

Perhaps is it taking too much ressources...

> I will notify Bruce and let him know what I have found. He said other
> people were having the same problem, so maybe he can get with them and
> find out if they too are running seti.
>
> Now that this problem is out of the way, I'll try to get you the debug
> output from 0.99.0 soon dealing with the /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer problem.

I suggest you to upgrade. Johnny is doing new RPMs.
I have upgraded the microtelco code and tested it with IXJ, not with
nixj, so if you are using NIXJ, it would be a great opportunity for me.
(See my previous mails)

> Thanks for all of your help and patience.

Same for you :)