Re: Gnome Web Plone Sprint

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 19:38 +0100, Carsten Senger wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> Murray Cumming schrieb:
> >> expected,
> >> I'm not sure what you mean.  Is there a fonts problem?  Are the
> >> viewlets still messed up? It would be awesome if you could send us a
> >> screenshot
>
> we should not spend time with this. The deployment-informations have to
> be updated and are needlessly complex. I have an Install-Script on my
> list that can run after a buildout and sets up a Plone-Site with all
> necessary parts and the latest content so we have fresh sites whenever
> we need them.

Great. Then I won't bother you with this until that script is ready.

> For quick tests on a local maschine, we could provide a new Data.fs.

I think it is worthwhile to allow it to be tested regularly.

How else would more than one person work on the system anyway, if the
data is only one one person's hard drive? I guess I'm not understanding
something.

> But we will have additions and changes regulary that will be persistent
> into the Data.fs during the installation. So every Data.fs with a
> installed plone-site will be outdated soon. This Path is a waste of time.

Fair enough. You understand the system. But I don't yet understand what
the correct way is.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com