Re: PloneSoftwareCenter DOAP

Ramon Navarro Bosch wrote:
There are two different aspects that must be maintained separatelly :

* DOAP xml template : It should be done with PSC equipment and on trunk
version. We can begin a new thread about the implementation .

+1

  - doap_feed  : Simone do you have some first version of this template
? Do you have access to collective to upload it to trunk skin directory
? I think that is much better is we create it throw a Z3 Browser View on
a python script ( so we can use xmllib to parse it )

+1

 ( DOAP definition :
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-osproj3/
   DOAP webpage : http://usefulinc.com/doap/ )

* LinguaPlone PloneSoftwareCenter : As I saw, PSC is not on LinguaPlone
product adapted, is it true Martin ? Can you help us adapting PSC on
LinguaPlone so we can use the same translation workflow in all WGO.

It's not. I haven't really thought about how this would work, but I assume it should just be adding the four LinguaPlone lines to the top of each file in PloneSoftwareCenter/content/*.py - see the RichDocument tutorial on plone.org or the LP documentation and give it a try maybe?

* PSC GnomeProduct adapt :

  - Skin : we should create a WGOSetup product where we can put all
PloneSetup xml stuff and the skinning necessary to adapt the different
products to WGO skinning. If we use PSC specific skinning on gnometheme
then we will not be using correctly on other plone site with this theme
and without PSC. Is anybody interested on create this configuration and
skining product ?

I would separate configuration and skinning into two products, since they may evolve at different paces.

Also, I would start writing unit tests right away. Simple tests like testSetup.py in RichDocument (see http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/testing and /richdocument) can verify that your setup code actually works (which can be a bit tricky to verify for sure on a live site) and save you no end of trouble.

  - Fields : I think that we don't need to make any modification to
Archtype fields on PSC so we can use skinning to hide the fields we
really don't need. ( psc_project_view.pt ) .

Except they'll still be there in the edit form.

One quick-and-dirty option is to let your product just monkey patch the PSCProject schema. Otherwise, you can subclass, though you may find the name PSCProject is hardcoded in a few places meaning you'd need to let the install for your own product steal the portal_type. It's not terribly hard, but since your Zope instance won't need to keep a non-modified version of PSC (e.g. in a different Plone instance) a monkey patch will work just fine.

  - Workflow, as Simone saig I think that we can use standard behavour
and play on plone-setup stuff to adapt PSC to our grups/workflows

Yes.

Martin