Re: Design choice for suspend option only

On 2 March 2012 22:03, Mark Blakeney <mark blakeney bullet-systems net> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:43:20 -0600, Josh Leverette wrote:
>> I agree it's the right way forward, but users don't see it that way
>> and there's no reason to force it.
>
> Josh, why is it the "right way forward"? Can somebody please provide a
> link to an intelligent argument why this design choice makes sense?

Hi,

The important point you need to start from is that the gnome
developers are right and you are wrong - after that it's a lot easier
to come up with reasons - as lots of people do.  For example There is
no shutdown because shutting down is a bad fashion choice and the
shell police have decided that reprobates will just have to  "sudo
shutdown"  and once you try not shutting down for a while you'll
understand unless you are too old or not clever enough or not open to
new design concepts and work flows.

Don't forget you can also just add a hotkey....
 </sarcasm>

Regards,

Tim

--
You could help some brave and decent people to have access to
uncensored news by making a donation at:

http://www.thezimbabwean.co.uk/friends/