Re: Design choice for suspend option only

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Diego Fernandez
<aiguo fernandez gmail com> wrote:
 On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
 <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 13:01 +0000, Mark Blakeney wrote:
>> Can somebody please post a reference to a discussion amongst the gnome3
>> developers about why they decided to only provide a suspend option on the
>> user menu (and hide the power off option with the alt modifier)? I would
>> really like to know by what rationale they came to this astonishing
>> decision?
>
> Oh crap, not this again.  This has been discussed over and over and over
> and over, and, yes, over again.  I promise you nobody here is interested
> in hearing about this *AGAIN*.  The horse is dead, and covered with post
> mortum bruising.  Please don't kick it anymore.

 Lol... poor horse!

 Yes, MANY of us agree it's a horrible design decision. No, they're not
 going to change it.  Yes, it is a shame. No, it's not worth trying to
 continue fighting it.  As for the OP, just tell people the decision
 was made because nowadays most people only suspend their computer and
 the designers thought people get confused when presented with multiple
 options.  If they don't like the decision, install the extension for
 them.