Re: Design choice for suspend option only

I don't care what the reasoning behind it is. Why can't somebody put an option in the settings dialog? why are we forcing this down people's throats? I agree it's the right way forward, but users don't see it that way and there's no reason to force it.

Sincerely,
Josh

<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
> >> I like and promote gnome-shell but frankly it is embarrassing to
have to
> >> apologise for this design choice to new users. It leaves an
awkward first
> >> impression.
> >
> > So enable the extension that changes the behavior, then be
happy.
> > <https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/5/alternative-status-
menu/

> Or press the button that you used to turn it on.  Desktop computers
> are the only devices in the world (that I can think of) where the
> "off" button traditionally isn't the same as the "on" button.
>
> Ross

I by no means wish to bring this subject back into the mailing list, but I
think he referred to discussion among developers (actually, I believe it
would be designers) regarding this feature when it was first brought
up/implemented.

Anyway, from what I understand, I think most designer's discussions
are made via IRC, so good luck finding a log on that :(

Cheers
Juan Manuel