Re: Why Favorites are not on the top bar?

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 19:01 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> >  The dock for the favorites list is just as fast
> > to reach (especially if you use the Windows/Super key)
>
> It definitely isn't as fast. Yes, it's not hard to reach,
> but in Gnome 2 it was even *more easy*: one mouse movement
> and one click.
> Now it's "two mouse movements and one click" or
> "a key press + one mouse movement and one click".
>
> > and it's easier
> > to click, especially with a low-precision input device like a
> laptop
> > touch pad, or even on a touch-screen device like an iPad.

Ryan:
(Still have no GNOME Shell around to test) How about if you have 30
applications running, how was the low-precision input devices will do
when the icons in the dash get smaller and tinier?

Regards,
Allan

(Note: I agree that "Favorites" is a bit more work to access than GNOME
2.x, if you need one mouse movement, you need the help of super key or
else mouse up + mouse down.)