Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

Le vendredi 06 mai 2011 à 14:06 +0200, Denys Vlasenko a écrit :
> Fallback mode *is* going to die in one of the next releases.
> At least that's the stated plan.
Pointers?

I don't remember hearing anybody saying the panel would die, and now
that it's got rid of all deprecated dependencies, there's no reason to
kill it (at least for now). Maybe it won't get as much love as the
Shell, but it should continue to work more or less as before. There's
even been much work put into it this cycle, and we don't want to waste
it. See
http://www.vuntz.net/journal/post/2011/04/13/gnome-panel-is-dead%
2C-long-live-gnome-panel!

Regards