Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 02:06:07PM +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> Fallback mode *is* going to die in one of the next releases.

Regarding fallback mode:
- there's no promise as to active development
- but it should still run fine and at least critical bugs should get fixed
- no plan to remove it during 3.x (no idea about 4.x; think we'd need a
  different maintainer)
- prefer software rendering as fallback, but not available atm and
  doesn't mean gnome-panel suddenly goes away
- a few more applets have been ported since 3.0 (you'll get them in 3.2)

> At least that's the stated plan.

If you tell me where you read this we'll (release-team) correct it.

--
Regards,
Olav