Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.
- From: Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl>
- To: Denys Vlasenko <dvlasenk redhat com>
- Cc: gnome-shell-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.
- Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 14:36:37 +0200
On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 02:06:07PM +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> Fallback mode *is* going to die in one of the next releases.
Regarding fallback mode:
- there's no promise as to active development
- but it should still run fine and at least critical bugs should get fixed
- no plan to remove it during 3.x (no idea about 4.x; think we'd need a
- prefer software rendering as fallback, but not available atm and
doesn't mean gnome-panel suddenly goes away
- a few more applets have been ported since 3.0 (you'll get them in 3.2)
> At least that's the stated plan.
If you tell me where you read this we'll (release-team) correct it.
] [Thread Prev