Re: Is the Minimize button still useful with gnome-shell ?

On mar, 2010-03-23 at 19:49 +0100, David Mulder wrote:
> Do I in that case understand correctly that you are suggesting to
> remove the minimization button altogether and add nothing in its place
> (with which I have agreed from the beginning) or simply leave it the
> way it is?

Frankly, I don't really have an opinion on that - I use the minimize
button occasionally, but can't think of any situation where I couldn't
do without ...

On a side note, I don't know if you are aware of it, but you can try out
running gnome shell without a minimize button - just remove minimize
from the string in /apps/metacity/general/button_layout.

>  Oh well... I was simply brain-storming along the lines which the
> discussion went

... which is a good thing - don't stop doing that only because someone
did not like one of your ideas!