Re: Suggestion: Make a dock from application icons in overview

> I can guarantee you that speed and smoothness of the zoom out effect
> really makes a difference. In the current git version, the Shell has a
> much better performance than in versions from a few weeks ago, and it
> really changes the way you use the overview.
I am using the current git version but the exposé effect is still much
less smoother than compiz, even using the new "natural" compiz effect
(which is more cpu-consuming). Sorry for the naiveté, but why not just
copying that part of compiz code?

Anyway, I repeat that smoothness is not the only problem. I just have
the feeling that exposé and dash should be accessible independently.