Re: Suggestion: Make a dock from application icons in overview

Le vendredi 03 décembre 2010 à 10:00 +0100, Jon Kristensen a écrit :
> On a side note: One thing that I would LOVE in Gnome Shell is a better
> Alt + F2 application launcher (and a more convenient shortcut, such as
> Alt + Space) that provides completion while you're typing, and that
> has some kind of grammar allowing you to do other things than just
> launching binaries. See GNOME Do ( http://do.davebsd.com/ ) for an
> example. I tried gnome-launch-box but it doesn't even come close.
> Maybe we can add (and improve) gnome-launch-box?
Alt+F2 is really meant to be a simple launch entry for when you know the
exact command they want to run. Else, use the search entry from the
overview, which is exactly designed for that: it has a simple shortcut
(Logo key), and is meant to be extended. It will gain web search support
soon, and probably recent files (Zeitgeist), possibly people...

So if you lack some features from GNOME Do, they can easily be added to
the overview, with some JavaScript coding.