Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 13:04 +0000, Marco Scannadinari wrote:
Put it in another way, can you show me a screenshot of how you
check the information of your WiFi chip without a Terminal?
What's wrong with the terminal?

Nothing, especially for what is clearly an administrative tasks.  Nobody
spends all day checking there WiFi chipset;  there isn't any reason for
anybody to do that more than once [it doesn't change].

/sbin/lspci

07:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)

I suppose you CAN do it in a GUI anyway, as this is really just
browsing /proc and /sys.  Not very pretty though.  On modern hardware
this isn't pretty any which way - there are so many ways devices attach
to the machine... it has gotten to be a bit nuts.

Still - this has nothing to do with GNOME.  Distributions answer this
question, each with their own tool-chain.  I agree with anyone who
thinks that is sad or unfortunate, but that is how it is.  Still, it
isn't GNOME.  Maybe if you are using GNOME OS.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383