Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 11:03 +0000, Marco Scannadinari wrote:
Can you tell how to create a launcher in GNOME 3?
To create a launcher: Create a *.desktop file (add it

Yep,  this is an XDG standard.  GNOME did not invent this, it used and
Open standard implemented by most free-desktop environments.

Honestly though,  having to create a launcher is extremely rare.  Every
app I use, except one [a proprietary Java app], provide the
required .desktop file.  So in overview I just locate it via search and
then drag it to the dock if I want it there.

Can you tell how to change file association in GNOME 3? For
To create a file association: Right click a file with your desired file
type, Open with > Other application... > Show other applications >
select the app to open with.
# Right click on a app below recommended applications and click Forget
association to remove the file association.

Yep.

But I rarely bother.  A right click shows and open-with that contains
almost all the relevant applications;  I just do it that way since I do
not always want the same application.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383