Re: GNOME Bugzilla Upgrade: Test Upgrade On Friday?

Olav Vitters wrote:
There is a yum-protectbase. On one server I once also had a
rhn-protectbase. We should put that in puppet, then enable protections
for RHN and EPEL. Then anything we install from rpmforce wouldn't
conflict.

Actually, the better solution is to use yum-priorities. By default, all repos have a priority of 100, so any lower priority (101, for example) will be overridden by the base repositories. Just give rpmforge a priority of like 150 and you're good to go--EPEL and RHN will both override it. (This is what I do on my RHEL5 servers.)

	-Max
--
Max Kanat-Alexander
Chief Engineer