Re: committing gthumb-3-6 ui+help failed

Op 06-07-18 om 13:59 schreef Rafael Fontenelle:
Hi Hannie,

Em sex, 6 de jul de 2018 às 07:38, Hannie Dumoleyn
<lafeber-dumoleyn2 zonnet nl> escreveu:
Hi Rafael,

Thank you for sending me the jpg of your "User settings". Yes, I found
this ssh key icon now and there I see that my SSH key was imported from
acount.gnome.org. Unfortunately, it does not work. When I add my public
key here, I get the message: Fingerprint has already been taken.
Perhaps I have to create a new ssh key. I will try later and let you
know if that helps.

Best regards,

Hannie

"Fingerprint has already been taken" means another account has your
SSH keys. Could you have already created a Standard account and added
SSH keys to it? If yes, logging in as Standard account and removing
your keys from Standard account would solve this issue.

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle

Hello Rafael,

This "other account" could be the account I have on git.gnome (account.gnome.org). But since this account was imported in gitlab, I do not understand why it worked on git.gnome.org, but not on gitlab.gnome.org. I can download gthumb with command git clone git://git.gnome.org/gthumb, but not with git clone git gitlab gnome org:GNOME/gthumb.git (Permission denied).

On https://gitlab.gnome.org/users/sign_in I can only sign in using the LDAP tab. When I go to Standard I cannot sign in (not with my git.gnome or gitlab.gnome account user name and password).

So, yes, there is something wrong, but there may be a hundred reasons for this Permission denied. Both commands 'ssh -v myname git gnome org' and 'ssh -v myname gitlab gnome org' give me terminal output Permission denied. One of the reasons may be that my user name is different on git, gitlab and in my public key. Changing my user name in my gitlab User Settings is a risky business, so I will not try as yet. Changing my user name on my PC (git config --global user.name "newname") might be an option, but perhaps you can come up with a better solution?

Many thanks in advance for your help. You deserve a gold medal for that.
btw, thanks for giving further information on msgfmt, I had not noticed they used Notepad++.

Hannie