Re: Automated translation into =?UTF-8?Q?en=5FGB?=

Hello everybody,
I think an automated translation as an additional help for translators
would definitely be useful. I'm not a big fan of automated translations in
general, because the quality is usually really bad, but in the case of
en_US to en_GB, it is mostly spelling. I can't think of any phrasal verbs
that you would come across in software (which would pose a problem, because
the differences are bigger), since they are usually lower register and thus
not very appropriate for software. I talked to several native speakers here
and they also agree that the automated translation should not be a problem
as long as it's limited to software (documentation might be more difficult,
but does not seem impossible either).
This also does not mean the en_GB team would be replaced by a script, but
that automatic translations are available if they are needed. I like the
idea of marking them as automatic translations so that, if there is time, a
translator can look through them and mark them as checked.
Sincerely,
Florian