Automated translation into en_GB

Translation from the C locale into en_GB is generally done with Abigail Brady's script written for that purpose, and then hand-checked. The script is very reliable and there are rarely changes needed.

However, the whole process is currently done by hand, which means it only happens when someone remembers to do it. This means that trunk is now down to 90% translated and documentation only 28%.

I propose a bot which checks the .pot files on Damned Lies once a day, and for all strings *which are not already translated* it translates them using Abigail's script and then commits them to svn. Strings which are already translated are left alone. In the case of strings which need human intervention-- for example, if the script didn't know that "wastebasket"->"bin"-- they can subsequently be updated by a human translator. And then hopefully also the script can be fixed.

The bot could perhaps also post its translations to a dedicated mailing list so that people could check on them. They could also use the commits list for this, or cia.vc.

I am quite willing to write and operate this bot.

It could also handle en_CA and en_AU and so on with different translation scripts.

What do people think?

peace

Thomas