Re: Using Git and separating translations into their own l10n-LL repository

Hello Marcel,

> Nobody is preventing you to make something like this:
>
> $ mkdir i10n.HEAD-LL
> $ cd i10n.HEAD-LL
> $ ln ../accroc/trunk/po/LL.po accroc.HEAD.po
> $ ln ../alacarte/trunk/po/LL.po alacarte.HEAD.po
> .... (easily scriptable using for, if you want)
>
> Update whatever you want in (all, if you want) po files.
>
> $ cd ..
> $ for i in */po ; do cd $i ; svn ci ; done
>
> (The scripting above is just an idea, not for real usage)

NOW, here we are again at the start of the problem, already discussed
in the bug report I mention. I have no idea how to write a script,
that would do what I want, nor did I find any that would closely
resemble my wishes. You have to keep in mind, that I couldn't care
less about the system and it's specifics, if I could commit all the
changed *.po files I keep in my local folder with any tree structure
that is used in git/svn system. If I'd have such a script, all other
aspects wouldn't bother me.

I'd like to go into my gnome.head-LL dir, type $ msusfnt at the
beginning and $mscsfnt "somemessage" at the end and all the updates
would go into their respected places in the whatever tree structure,
back and forth, updating the "somemessage" for all of them, and maybe
even, if someone think it's necessary, add suitably formatted entry
into the Changelog. Viola. That's it and no more nagging from me.

I would gladly give my time to ADD (and other raraly used commands)
new files in any, no matter how complicated, way.

I can dream, can I?

(msusft stands for: Marcel's super updating script for nagging translators)
(mscsft stands for: Marcel's super committing script for nagging translators)

M!