Re: Using Git and separating translations into their own l10n-LL repository

Hey Matej

2009/1/22 Matej Urban <matej urban gmail com>:
>> Damned lies alrayde have the options download everything from a
>> release set. Look all the way at the bottom of this page:
>> http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/da/gnome-2-26/ui/
>
> Can I download all the pot files? I'm not aware of it.

What do you need pot-files for? You will get updated po-files which is
what you need if there already os a translation or a pot-files if
there wasn't already one. And yes you can, just press the button that
says "Download all po files" at the bottom of the page I just sent you
a link for and you will get a tar-ball with all the Danish
po/pot-files. I'm sure you can extrapolate that for you own language.

>>> How many times did you "correct" a single word, that was not syncd in
>>> many translations?
>>
>> Never, because we have a wordlist which we use pretty consistently
>
> That is something we still have to do. But "pretty consistently" tells
> me, that it happens, right.
>
>> Why? It is a task, and as such will require work.
>
> Agreed! But work on translations, not with committing.

That is part of the task.

>> In any case, you have already been told that it is certainly possilble to add the
>> option to upload several files at once in Damned Lies, in that case
>> you both have the options to get all files easily and you can have the
>> possibility to commit several files in  Damned Lies. The isn't that
>> enough, isn't that exactly what you want, so that we can leave the
>> repositories on their own and in a structure that makes sense i.e. one
>> module-wise.
>
> It would be an improvement, but one folder system would be much
> better.

Why? If you can commit a tar-ball to Damned Lies with several files in
it in one go (one clicky-di-click) and then they will all be commited
at once, then isn't that exactly the functionality you are asking for?