Re: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (yo, ha, ig) Licensing

2009/1/17 Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>:
> On 1/16/09, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
>> A month ago, I contacted:
>>  saudat mohammed <saudat wazobialinux com>
>> Sylvester Onye <sylvester wazobialinux com>
>> Sunday Ayo Fajuyitan <ayo wazobialinux com>
>> The first two immediately bounced.  The second has not replied.
>
> I assume you mean the third address?

Yes-- sorry.

I have since found another address for Yoruba: Abayomi Mobolaji
Onibudo (bonibz at hotmail dot com), given on
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/yo/ .  I haven't tried to contact this
person yet.

>>  i18n people: Since we now have the GPL metadata, is it reasonable for
>>  me to go ahead with merging translation for GPL packages such as
>>  Metacity?
>
> Yes please. The big problem in the case of these languages is of
> course the lack of volunteers, but perhaps some or partial
> translations will at least help spur some interest. Thanks for your
> offer to help out integrating these.

I've now merged translations for

epiphany
gnome-desktop
gnome-menus
gnome-panel
gnome-session
metacity
nautilus

into the HEAD of each, msgmerging each one with the .pot for HEAD.
Could the Damned Lies people tell the site that ig=Igbo and ha=Hausa,
please?

I did not merge evolution because it's LGPL (those I did merge are
GPL).  I did not merge anything else because they're non-GNOME
projects (unless I missed something) and so I don't have commit rights
for them.

http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ha/gnome-2-26/ui/
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ig/gnome-2-26/ui/
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/yo/gnome-2-26/ui/