Re: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (yo, ha, ig) Licensing

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 2:00 AM, Chris Murphy <chrismurf gmail com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion to look for a LICENSE field - not really familiar
> with RPMs and I didn't think to look for that.  Good news!  All four
> packages (3 translations and then locales-ng) are listed as GPL in the RPM.
> I've uploaded the results of:
>
> rpm -qi $packagename
>
> for each package to
> http://chrismurf.com/nigerian-translations/license-info.txt, but the
> punchline is that all of them are listed as GPL in their respective
> packages.
>
> Hooray for metadata.

So, I still think it is a good idea to contact the authors just to be
sure (if for no other reason than they may be able to help the
translations live on) but this seems like fairly decent confirmation
that the information is licensed appropriately and can be used.

Luis