Re: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (yo, ha, ig) Licensing

On 1/16/09, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
> 2009/1/15 Chris Murphy <chrismurf gmail com>:
> > As far as I know, there is only the license metadata for the translations-ig
>  > package itself, which is listed as GPL.  The person who did the Igbo
>  > translation was Sylvester Onye (sylvester wazobialinux com per a string in
>  > the gnome-desktop*.mo file.  Hausa was translated by  saudat mohammed
>  > <saudat wazobialinux>, and the Yoruba by Sunday Ayo Fajuyitan
>  > <ayo wazobialinux com> or  Amo <amo ikamax com> if somebody wants to try
>  > contacting them for more info.
>
> A month ago, I contacted:
>
>  saudat mohammed <saudat wazobialinux com>
>
> Sylvester Onye <sylvester wazobialinux com>
>
> Sunday Ayo Fajuyitan <ayo wazobialinux com>
>
> The first two immediately bounced.  The second has not replied.

I assume you mean the third address?

>  i18n people: Since we now have the GPL metadata, is it reasonable for
>  me to go ahead with merging translation for GPL packages such as
>  Metacity?

Yes please. The big problem in the case of these languages is of
course the lack of volunteers, but perhaps some or partial
translations will at least help spur some interest. Thanks for your
offer to help out integrating these.