Re: Help me get SVN access for translations

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 01:35:38PM -0400, Og Maciel wrote:
> Thank you for stepping in. I completely understand every little bit of
> what you said. And though I don't complete agree about svn account not
> being a reward for good work, I can obviously respect the decision.

It is not a decision. It has always been this way / policy. There is one
coordinator who checks in for everyone. This works fine for many teams.

> The issue was that I did not receive any feedback during this whole
> process. And since both Guilherme and Lucas Rocha told me before we

The accounts process sucks. I've mentioned this many times on Planet
GNOME. Just email your coordinator. Don't rely on some ticketing system.

I do want to make some comments though:
 * it is not strange that if you request an translator account from the
   'alacarte' maintainers that you fail to get a good response (although
   I would assume they would at least reject it)
 * if a ticket is closed, we don't go back after a year and reopen it
 * tickets are never 'lost'

> released 2.18 that I would be considered for the account, I was
> expecting something.. at least a note.

So why not email fatalerror or lucasr?

> My request for an account is based on the fact that, with only
> Leonardo doing this job and his recent comment that he has plans to
> take on more personal matters and therefore not have the same amount
> of time available for the triaging/commit process, we will be
> extremely shorthanded!

Did you mention this to fatalerror and/or lucasr? I did not see this bit
of information in the ticket you mentioned.

> But anyhow, though I would be extremely disappointed if my request is
> denied for the second time, I basically expected a whole lot more
> consideration and at least a note explaining the reasoning behind it.

I did not see fatalerror decline your offer. Really, why not discuss
privately?

--
Regards,
Olav