Re: Help me get SVN access for translations

Le samedi 20 octobre 2007 �7:32 -0400, Og Maciel a �it :
> On 10/20/07, Guilherme de Siqueira Pastore <gpastore gnome org> wrote:
> > I am sorry you are feeling disappointed, but I thought I had given you a
> > good enough explanation when I first declined your offer to act as a
> > commiter for the Brazilian Portuguese translation team. If you want, we
> > can rediscuss that in private any time.
>
> Hi there,
>
> I only wish you had replied to my enquiries... anyhow, about a year
> and a few months back you mentioned I was too young (even though I had
> already worked with the Ubuntu team for quite some time) to get the
> commit access and suggested I waited one year. Well, one year and a
> couple of months later I asked you again and did not get a reply back,
> and that is why I have sent this email.
>
> My Bugzilla record shows that not only have I been a regular
> contributor to the Brazilian team, but I have pretty much brought 95%
> of the contributors who have helped the Brazilian team release at 100%
> for the last 2 consecutive cycles. I think that those who have worked
> with me can vouch for my work and I am more than ready to get svn
> access.
>
> So to (hopefully) drive this trough, I kindly ask that you bless my
> request, or give a just and clear reason as for why you would deny me
> two times?

Hey Og,

We know that you gave a most valuable contribution to Ubuntu/GNOME, and
particularly to Brazilian Portuguese translations.

Now if the team leader thinks he doesn't need further help to accomplish
his duty, we should respect this. SVN access should not be considered as
a reward for good work. It's given when there is a real need to fulfil.
And we cannot judge about this, only the current coordinator is able to
estimate this.
Guilherme knows that you're ready to take more responsibilities as soon
as it's needed.

I hope you'll understand this, and I'm sure your contributions will
always be much appreciated in the FOSS community. Keep the good work!

Claude