Re: Time to move GGV to the Attic?

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 12:18 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> I am not angered about evince. As I said earlier I in fact like it. This
> thread is about ggv, and the stupidity to claim that a maintained
> program is always better than an unmaintained one.

No one claims that.

> And if it should just be about moving unmaintained code into archive
> then this should be happen with all such unmaintained code!

It should and it does. Unfortunately, no one volunteered his/hers time
to check the list of "active" modules for the "forgotten" code,
therefore modules are getting push to the archives sporadically. Like in
this case. Someone noticed that the GGV is *unmaintained* and it is
moved to the archive. If you want it back to take over the
maintainership, feel free to ask. I am sure that you'll be accommodated
ASAP, and many people already suggested that to you.

Regards,
--
Tomislav Vujec                        Product Marketing Manager
Red Hat              1801 Varsity Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA