Re: Time to move GGV to the Attic? (Was: Subversion migration recap (cut-off Friday July 14th))

I think that's more an issue with envice than if we should retire the
ggv module. ggv development is more or less dead (near as I can tell)
and envice is its replacement. If there are features that you want to
see Incorporated into envice, I would recommend filing a bug.

Here is the CIA Stats for ggv
http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/gnome/ggv

You will notice that the last change to any actual code was May 10th,
2005 and you have to go back significantly before that to find active
feature development. If the ggv module owner wants to keep it active,
then I guess that's all cool, but barring someone for the ggv devel
team speaking up, I would say attic time...

-Kevin Kubasik

On 7/14/06, Petr Tomasek <tomasek etf cuni cz> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 11:48:02AM +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> On อา., 2006-07-09 at 21:50 -0600, Gary Ekker wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-07-09 at 18:36 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> > > Now would be an ideal opportunity to let us know about any old CVS
> > > modules you know about that are redundant, so we can put them out of the
> > > way in the Attic before the migration.
> >
> > I think it is an appropriate time to move GGV to the Attic, we haven't
> > shipped it in GNOME for over a year. All feature development is now done
> > in the Evince project. I haven't checked, but I doubt any distros are
> > still shipping GGV. Bug fixing has slowed to almost nothing, and there
> > will likely never be another release...
> >

> OK, moved to the Attic. It can always be resurrected and migrated later
> if deemed necessary.

Sorry to say, but evince is slow beast, and (last time I checked)
didn't have all the functionality the ggv has (like displaying page
numbers/names in the sidebar)...

P.

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>