Re: GEP 9: merging bonobo-activation & libbonobo

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 10:49, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> On Qua, 2003-03-12 at 20:35, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
<snip>
> > and thus forcing people to use libbonobo where they may just want
> > bonobo-activation. But then again, bonobo-activation hasn't seen much
> > use without libbonobo.
>
>   I don't see what would be the problem in using libbonobo.  With both
> packages merged, existing projects using bonobo-activation only would
> sill be linking to one library only, that just happens to have a bit
> more code.  With libbonobo already widely used as shared library, there
> is almost no cost.  And think of the benefits of linking to one less
> library in all gnome programs.

Nope, for ABI compatibility reasons, we can't remove one of the
libraries just like that. That doesn't work. We could make it optional
though.

<snip>
--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault