Re: Starting brltty on edgy ubuntu-powerpc

[quoted lines by Henrik Nilsen Omma on 2006/09/05 at 15:13 +0100]

>It would be nice not to have to use root to start brltty.

Why is the user having to start brltty for himself? This seems like a fairly
awkward thing for a user who needs braille to have to do on his own, i.e.
before he can actually read his screen? If the system would start brltty for
him, as I believe it should (evenb must), then wouldn't that resolve your
concern as well?

>I filed an
>Ubuntu bug about it a few days ago, but it seems there are security
>issues about dreading from the console.

I'd be glad to dsiscuss your concerns with you.

>Though this may not be valid,
>certainly of the text is piped via a layer like gnome-speech or speech
>dispatcher.

Data streamed for speech isn't a good source for braille.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.