Re: Starting brltty on edgy ubuntu-powerpc

Hi Cheryl.  For the PPC live CD, I *believe* you want "live nofb".

As for how you can know for sure you're there:   What I noticed on my
iMac is that the CD spins quite a bit and then stops.  The point at
which it stops and remains quiet is the point at which you are at the
boot prompt.  <smiles and shrugs>

Yesterday I purchased a USB to serial adapter and was able to use my
Braille Lite 2000 with Emacspeak as a speech synthesizer -- something I
mention only in light of the following:  Getting brltty working with the
Braille Lite as a USB device has been seemingly random.  I did
successfully manage to do so a couple of times, both on my PC and on my
Mac.  However, most of the time I get the following error:

/drivers/usb/serial/mct_0232.c: MCT USB-RS232 unsupported baudrate
request 0x0 using default of 9600.

This repeats until I kill the process, at which point the Braille Lite
announces that it's now waiting on the serial device.

I have not yet figured out what I did differently on the occasions when
I did get it working.  However, using the nofb option -- assuming "live
nofb" is the correct way of doing so -- seems to make no difference.

Good luck!  And please let me know if you figure it out.
Joanie