Re: Starting brltty on edgy ubuntu-powerpc

Willie Walker wrote:
On the latest Ubuntu Edgy on my x86 laptop, I get BrlTTY 3.7.2 to work
with my Baum Vario 40 display using the following command as root:

brltty -d/dev/ttyUSB0

It would be nice not to have to use root to start brltty. I filed an Ubuntu bug about it a few days ago, but it seems there are security issues about dreading from the console. Though this may not be valid, certainly of the text is piped via a layer like gnome-speech or speech dispatcher.

Bug: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/brltty/+bug/58718

I think we'll spec this up to get a proper solution for Edgy+1

Henrik