Re: Starting brltty on edgy ubuntu-powerpc

Hi again Dave, all.

> It may, then, be a bug in the Linux support for USB->Serial adapters.

Perhaps. Then again, something goofy may be going on with my Braille
Lite and/or the cable I'm using with it. <smile>  You see, I also happen
to have an Alva Braille Terminal at my disposal.  I just verified that
it works with my USB to serial adapter reliably both on my PC (Ubuntu
installed) and Mac (with the Live CD).

When connecting the Alva as a USB device, I used the same cable I had
been using (standard DB9 to DB9 with a null modem adapter added on).
The only difference was adding on the USB to serial adapter.  On the
other hand, the only way to get *any* response out of the Braille Lite
as a USB device was to remove the null modem adapter that is necessary
for it to function as a serial device.  Just out of curiosity, I then
removed the null modem adapter with the Alva and wound up with that same
"unsupported baudrate" error.

Somewhere around here I have an RS232 mini tester....

Thanks again very much for your help, Dave!
Joanie