Getting libgnome* into shape - getting productive

Hi guys,

so, let's get productive on this issue.

I released a frozen version of libgnome and libgnomeui two weeks ago and now we're
in a big mess. For me, the only logical way to solve this is to and my plan for today is:

a) revert all of libgnome and libgnomeui back to 1.102.0 "Roswell".

   This is a 15 minutes job which I can do later on, it's mostly removing all the
   newly added files and reverting back the Makefile.am's and such.

b) put in the GNOME 1.x selector widgets.

   This will take some more time, but Anders already volunteered to do so - so I'll leave
   it up to him to do it.

c) finish the help stuff.

   Jonathan, should I keep the GNOME 1.x version of gnome-help.[ch] or do you have some new
   code - however, this is your stuff, so feel free to do whatever you like :-)

d) move the "ditem:" moniker back to libgnome, but keep the C API in gnome-core

   It's a 2-3 hour job to a) keep George's Encodings stuff, but b) make it work on arbitrary
   files again.

I'll start with d) since this is also what I wanted to hack on anyways.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)